Welcome to Koonjewarre
The Australian Rainforest Conservation Society welcomes you to *Koonjewarre.
*Koonjewarre (pronounced koon-gee-warr-ee), a term used by the Kombumerri clan of the indigenous Yugambeh people translates to “Meeting place on high ground...” perfectly describing this unique accommodation centre or camp in the high country of Springbrook where the “Clouds touch the Earth”!
Our manager, David Porter, with a distinguished career of more than 30 years in restaurants, convention centres and luxury hotels – both as chef and manager – can guarantee exceptional, friendly service.
We are committed to providing you a truly memorable “Koonjewarre” experience enriched by the stunning beauty and uniqueness of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia World Heritage Area.
The Australian Rainforest Conservation Society was established in 1982 and is a highly successful not-for-profit organization. All ‘profits’ from Koonjewarre are used for restoration of World-Heritage rainforest on Springbrook.
Your group will enjoy Koonjewarre exclusively while they are with us -
We offer your group
- privacy through exclusive use of all Koonjewarre’s facilities
- a choice of accommodation and tariff options tailored to your group needs and numbers
- a diverse choice of menu to fit any budget or special dietary needs ... leaving you fulfilled and pleased
- indoor recreational and workshop opportunities with hall, stage and audio-visual facilities for dance, film, drama, concert, wedding, or party functions
- diverse outdoor sporting and recreation opportunities conducive to fitness, health and wellbeing
- ready access to a large network of National Park walking tracks
- an opportunity to experience the wonder, splendour and tranquility of Springbrook — the jewel in the World Heritage crown
Above all, we pride ourselves on being flexibly responsive to your needs.